The IMTC conference participants that need a Visa to Brasil are considered Tourists and need a Tourist Visa (VITUR)
READ THIS INFORMATION FIRST BEFORE YOU GO ONLINE TO FILL YOU VISA REQUEST
- Original passport valid for at least 6 (six) months prior to its expiration date. The passport must have at least 2 (two) blank visa pages (the endorsement pages at the back of the passport do not count as blank pages).
Notice that a passport is considered a valid document only if it is signed by its holder. Therefore, make sure you sign your passport before bringing it to the Consulate General of Brazil. Bear in mind that, in the case of the US passport, the last three pages are reserved for endorsements and should not be used for visas or stamps.
- One recent individual passport photo with white background. A photo is considered recent if it was taken less than 6 months ago. A passport photo is a 2″x2″ picture.
- One electronic visa application form. Please, make sure to provide full information. When you finish filling out the electronic visa application form, print the application receipt, glue your picture on it, sign on the appropriate field and bring your application receipt form along with the other required documents to the Consulate.
- Letter addressed to the Consulate with detailed information on your trip: tentative dates of arrival and departure, places to visit, contact information, hotel or any other place at which you will be staying. Please, don’t forget to sign your letter. (see sample)
- Individuals taking part in IMTC BRASIL must present a copy of a letter from the organizer (IMTC) with detailed information on the event (get letter here)
- Proof of income of the last 90 days (the 3 last bank statements and/or international credit card statements showing the available credit line or paystubs) compatible with the status of an international tourist.
- Clear photocopy of driver’s license or state issued ID. Address on the ID must match address on the visa application form.
- Computer generated flight itinerary from an airline or travel agency. You don’t have to purchase the ticket, a reservation is valid.
- Brazilian citizens must travel to Brazil on a Brazilian passport. If you have been born in Brazil, you are considered a Brazilian citizen and would need to travel on a Brazilian Passport.
Note: This information is for guidance only and was taken from here: http://miami.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/tourist.xml We are not liable for any mistakes or misinformation provided in the source page. There are several companies that offer this service like TRAVISA that offers the following Services Fees on top of the USD $160 that the Consulate charges to US Citizens, $65 for Canadians: Regular $79.00 ; Rush $99.00 ; Emergency $169.00. Processing times
DO YOU HAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS?
THEN GO ONLINE
Go to the form available online:
1. Fill in all the information requested.
2. Go through each page, click “NEXT”. At the end Click “SUBMIT” to receive your processing number and the form (RER).
3. Print the form.
4. Attach your picture.
5. Sign the form.
6. Pay the fee.
7. Bring or send with a Visa Provider the duly completed and signed form, all the the original documentation, passport and proof of payment to the consulate.