The Money Transfer Systems Course was developed by Mohr World Consultant partners, Hugo Cuevas-Mohr and Salvador Velazquez, money transfer experts, consultants and trainers with more than 20 yrs in the industry in private and public multinational companies, both Bank and non-Bank Financial Institutions. The course gives an in-depth panorama of the money transfer industry, the market, the business models, the main players, the disruptors, the volumes, pricing, trends, challenges and opportunities.
Other experts of the industry from India & the Gulf will be invited to provide different perspectives and insights. In less than 8 hours you will walk away with valuable information, clear understanding and deep appreciation of the sector, knowledge that Would take months, even years, to acquire.
MTSC Money Transfer Systems Certification Course
MTSC Money Transfer Systems Certification Course – Pre-Conference Day
Your Course Registration includes a one day intensive Course with a morning coffee break, Lunch, afternoon coffee break, admission to the Trade Fair in the afternoon, and an invitation to the Welcome Reception at the end of the day. The course will be in English. Upon completion of the course and the successful passing of an online test, participants will be awarded a Certificate.
Attend this one-of-a-kind training to acquire an in-depth, 360 view of the international money transfer market. The subject matter presented will be explained thoroughly and the different aspects that make this exciting sector of the financial world will come together as the day progresses. Since most attendees are experienced in other fields, participation will be encouraged to gain a good understanding on how regional trends are influenced by global ones.
Main Course Subjects
- International Payments Systems – The Basics
- Large & Smal Value Payments Systems | Money Transfers: Remittances & International Payments
- International Money Transfer Systems – The Basics
- Financial Institutions (FIs), Banks & NBFIs | Money Transfer Operators (MTOs) & Remittance Service Providers (RSPs)
- Payment Institutions (EU), Money Transmitters (MTs) & Money Service Businesses (MSBs)
- Informal Transfer Systems (ITS) – Hawalas & Hundis
- Know your Customer (KYC) & Money Laundering Concerns in the industry
- Money Transfers – Volumes
- Trends & Estimates | Top MT Sending & Receiving Countries | Main Remittance Corridors
- Money Transfers – Pricing
- Fees & Forex | Global Pricing Database | The 5 x 5 Objective | Global Pricing Trends (Regional, Channels)
- MT Market – Entities Involved
- Traditional MTOs (Tiers 1, 2 & 3) | Banking Institutions| Newcomers & Disruptors | Challengers & Indirect Competitors | Retailers & Other Service Providers
- Is the MT business commoditized? | What are the main Barriers to Entry?
- MT Industry – Business Models
- The Sending Side | The Receiving Side | M&As, IPOs & Stock Performances of Public MT Companies
- Migration and Money Transfers
- Migration waves | Natural and Man Made Disasters | Migration Policies & Politics | Migration & Oil
- Impact of Money Transfers for the Economy of the Receiving Country
- Does remittance hurt the economy of the sending country? | Remittance taxation
- Present & Future Trends
- Critical issues faced by the MT Industry today | Is there room for disruption in the MT Industry? | Will Bitcoin & the Blockchain disrupt the remittance market?